Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yes I am going to blog AGAIN!

Well its been too long to count how long ago it was since I last blogged. I always felt there was never enough time in my day to blog.( that was when I only had Malorie) Well although it is true I do not have enough time in my day/week. I felt it was important to start blogging again.  I have two beautiful girls I get to update everyone about. I also wanted to blog about my Dairy free diet! (THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP OTHERS WHO ARE HAVING TO CUT OUT ALOT DUE TO BREASTFEEDING)

My girls are doing great. We just made our first road trip to California. It turned out great. We all had a bunch of fun. The car ride there was a breeze. Malorie just got to relax. She ate her snacks and watched Dora for 5 and a half hours. YES, SHE WAS IN HEAVEN! We made it the whole way without crying. The crazy part about the car ride was Malorie didn't sleep at all.

We did alot in California. Here are some highlights
 here is a video of the whales!! MALORIE LOVED THEM!
 DADDY SHOWING MALORIE A STAR FISH!! SHE JUST WANTED TO HOLD IT ALL BY HERSELF (MISS INDEPENDENT)
LOVED HAVING MY MOBY WRAP! I GOT TO SNUGGLE THIS CUTE GIRL THE WHOLE TIME:)
 MALORIE BEING MALOIRE!!


 

OKAY  CAN YOU BELIVE HOW BIG SHE IS GETTING?? she is now 12 weeks and weighs in at 17 pounds!! oh we just love everything about her. 



loving the beach!!!!

the car ride home!!! oh she had enough!

Quick update on my diet! For those of you who don't know the story. I am a dairy free mommy! Lainie has had tummy issues from day one. We found multiple causes and one of those were me having to cut out all COW PRODUCTS. It is so hard but I know it's sooo worth it! 
 People tend to joke about how cheesy something is or how yummy their hamburger is. I am trying to not get easily offended. I has always loved eating and drinking anything that came from a cow. So yes it has been hard. But growing up my best friend Ali Waldrom was gluten free and I saw how hard it was for her at first but as the years passed I saw how awesome she was at maintaining that diet. 
Now I know how hard that was. 
Reading labels on EVERYTHING.  
Seriously you would be so surprised how many things have cows milk ingredients in them. Anyways, every time I think about how "hard" it is I think about how amazingly wonderful my sweet baby girl is. She is healthy and happy now! Thank goodness!!! I know one day she will thank me.

I found some awesome recipes online! 
I have decided that all my dinners will be dairy free. It is just too hard to create something different for everyone at dinner time. Here is my menu for the week. I will take pictures and post my favorites.

ideas's

Grilled chicken fajita’s and rice
Turkey Tetrazzin
Turkey and Colorful Veggie Chili
grilled chicken sandwiches
 Pulled Pork with Tangy Crisp Coleslaw
 Stuffed french toast

Stuffed Chicken Thighs with Herbed Goat Cheese & Ham


ALL OF THESE ARE DAIRY FREE! ALSO SOME ARE EVEN GLUTEN FREE :)

LET THE COOKING BEGIN....


No comments:

Post a Comment